Our modern world, through advances in technology and information, has made individuals and societies more interconnected. Despite the abundant availability of information and knowledge, adequate wisdom is still needed to help humanity confront major challenges, address social ailments, and build a more just society. The Intercultural Dialogues, hosted by the Center for Cultural Engagement (CCE) and other partners, seeks to bring together voices, stories and minds that can help students at Catholic University of America gain the wisdom necessary to assist in the advancement of the common good.
2022-23 Intercultural Dialogues
- Building the Future with Immigrants & Refugees: An Interfaith Dialogue
Tuesday, September 20 @ 6:00 p.m.
- The Future of DACA
Wednesday, September 21 @ 1:00 p.m. | Collaboration with Migrant Rights Coalition
- A Conversation with Imam Muhammad Nurayn Ashafa & Pastor James Movel Wuye
Tuesday, November 1, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
- 10 Seconds: Two DC high school teens navigate young adulthood
Monday, November 14, 2022 @ 6:00 p.m.
- A Place at the Table - Movie Screening and Discussion
Tuesday, November 29, 2022 @ 6:30 p.m. | Collaboration with the Bowman Implementation Team
- The Black American Experience in Brookland
February 23, 2023 @ 6:00 p.m. | Collaboration with the Department of History, the CommUNITY Committee, and the Staff Leadership Council.
- You Belong Here | Documentary Screening & Student Panel
February 28, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
- HERstory: Immigrant Women & Their Stories
March 22 @ 1:00 p.m. | Collaboration with Migrant Rights Coalition
- Oyeme, the Beautiful: Two young migrants adjusting to life in the U.S.
March 27 @ 12:00 p.m.
We are currently preparing our dialogues for the 2023-24 academic year. If you have any recommendations for topics to discuss, please email your suggestions to email@example.com.