Catholic U Leadership
|Feb. 10||History Colloquium: The Real Sister Act||
History Department | CCE
|Feb. 22||Black is Poetic||Black Student Alliance (BSA)|
|Feb. 23||Film Screening: Blaq Italiano||Department of Modern Languages | CCE||CCE Links|
Organizations on Campus
- Black Student Alliance: The vision of the Black Student Alliance is to promote a sound foundation amongst all individuals who are focused on the “Black” culture at The Catholic University of America.
- Black Law Students Association: a national organization for the purpose of effectuating change in the legal system and sensitizing the legal profession to the ever-increasing needs of the black community.
- African American Athletes | Biographies and film clips of outstanding African American athletes.
- African American History Month Exhibits & Collections | The Library of Congress.
- African American Inventors | Videos and biographies of African American inventors.
- African Americans in Science & Technology | The Library of Congress.
- Africans in America | PBS: America's journey through slavery is presented in four parts.
- Black Biographies | Biography Newsletter.
- Black Culture Connection | PBS: Films, facts, and more!
- Black Past | Explore the history of more than a billion people of African ancestry around the world.
- Celebrating Black History Month | Poetry Foundation: Poems, articles, and podcasts that explore African American history and culturee.
- Connecting Black History Month to Current Events | Facing History and Ourselves.
- History of Hip-Hop | NPR's Fresh Air features interviews with some of the greatest names in Hip-Hop history.
- Separate is Not Equal | Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
- Sports: Leveling the Playing Field | National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- The Three Mothers: How the Mothers of Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, and James Baldwin Shaped a Nation by Anna Malaika Tubbs.
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontent by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Four Hundred Souls: A Community History of African America, 1619-2019 by Ibram X. Kendy and Keisha N. Blain.
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin.
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander.
- This Bridge Called My Back: Writings by Radical Women of Color 4th Edition by Cherrie Moraga & Gloria Anzaldúa.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
- Mules and Men by Zora Neale Hurston.
- Roots: The Saga of an American Family by Alex Haley.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead.